Design with eyes 設計眼: I hate defective books based on interviews. 我討厭不完美的對話集式的書

星期二, 4月 01, 2008

I hate defective books based on interviews. 我討厭不完美的對話集式的書

image from Flicker

I feel what I feel when I read.

Few days before, I bought a famous design magazine. It comes with another book called "我不是一本型錄." It is all about the life senses of 許舜英 and presented by interviews. I do love to read how she feels about Dover Street Market、 明星西點麵包、and things she explored. However, these are not what I want to talk about. What I want to say is about the way the content of this book presented. After I read few interview topics of it, I start to feel upset and lose my reading patience. Why? cause I hate the way the interviewer talked and the questions he came up with. This is not the first time I feel about this. At this point, I start to realize that I do have something I tend to like or hate about the content presented in any context format. Such as books, news, flyers, articles. And how the content defined by its author is so so so important to me which I don't really notice it before. This is a very important discovery of myself. It means now I could really feel what I feel about anything I read or see.

Few things I don't like about this type of book...
1. I need to stimulate the real conversation about the interviews. Cause It lacks emotion, talking rhythm, and defined words.
2. I don't like the motif of the interviewer, especially it effects the whole content.

Another question will be involved in this result which is why I bought this book.

Now, we are too easy to get information from every kinds of media. For certain age of people, this is a serious issue. For example, Kids would directly connect to illegal information. But for mature generation, I believe it is a wonderful things for us to have more flexibility making connections with what you like. The only thing we need to work on is what your tools are and how you use them. So I ask myself these questions.

Do you buy magazines by how you really feel about its content?
Do you try to understand why the author presents its work this way?
Do you really need to know these information? why?and how?
How many tools do you use to get new information?
What's the difference from your tool to others?

I start to discover myself again.

0 意見: