Design with eyes 設計眼: What is a correct attitude for designers to face the information from marketing? _ A

星期一, 2月 05, 2007

What is a correct attitude for designers to face the information from marketing? _ A



I came up with this question by the project I am doing.
Seriously, when I came back to Taiwan, people care what I am doing so much.
Not only friends but also people who are in the design profession.
I know the reason is because I got the scholarship to Art Center.
However, it also is the reason to make me confused a little bit.

Art Center is a place for designers to learn how to work for an organization. Such as presentation skills, portfolio preparation, internship and patent rights etc.
We did learn a lot about communication with clients as well.
However, it also means that it is not suitable place for you to learn design about psychology field and culture context. And I think the value of design comes from the society and the conscious of the designer. We are not easy to touch the core of design by working for organizations, because they rely on marketing too much and their products normally cover too many fields to complish. Most of the job will deal with business.


To be continued...

0 意見: